Roasted Nuts with honey is a simple mixture of nuts, honey, and few spices. Just 15 minutes in the oven, and then serve them as you wish warm or cold!
This recipe has the right amount of sweet, the right amount of salty, the right amount of spicy, the right amount of healthy, and an overdose of love!
Nuts are a great source of protein and energy that makes them one of the healthiest snacks, mixed with natural honey you will have a healthy sweet snack!
You’ll need just three main ingredients for the Roasted Nuts with Honey recipe!
- Nuts – A combo of your favorite nuts walnuts, almonds, and cashews are great for this recipe.
- Honey – The key ingredient in this recipe, and it makes everything stick together as well as adds a sweetened flavor.
- Cinnamon – For spicing the mix-up and add a taste of winter warmth.
- You could add butter or margarine to add some complexity to the flavor, you can take it out if you want to keep it healthier.
- If you like you could add grated orange peel or a bit of nutmeg for a richer flavor.
How much of everything?
The beauty of this recipe is you can make it your own and use the amounts of ingredients you have in your kitchen if you have some nuts that you want to make more exciting. We however recommend the following:
- 3 cups nuts of your choice⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- ½ cup of HoneyBeeClever natural Sidr Honey (or any other type)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon⠀
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg (optional).
- ½ tsp grated orange peel (optional).
- 2 spoons butter or margarine (optional).⠀
Easy, Simple, and Few Steps
Combine all ingredients except nuts; mix well. Microwave for about 30 seconds, stir and microwave another 30 seconds or so until honey is bubbly. You can also heat it up in a pot on your stove. Pour honey mixture over nuts and stir until coated.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for approx. 15 minutes in 350 degree oven or until nuts are golden brown. Store in fridge so that they don’t get too sticky. Bon Apetit!⠀⠀
How to make Roasted Nuts with Honey:
- Add the nuts. Choose a mix of your favorite nuts or whatever available.
- Prepare honey mixture. In a microwaveable bowl, heat the honey up for about 30 seconds. Add the spices, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the honey, and mix well.
- Pour mixture over nuts. Pour the honey and seasoning mixture over the nuts, coating well.
- Bake. Spoon the nuts evenly on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until nuts are fragrant and nicely browned.
- Break. Let the nuts cool slightly. After about 10 minutes, break it apart, and let cool completely. If you let the nuts sit too long without breaking apart, they will become too sticky.
What kind of nuts should I use for this recipe?
Usually, it is smart to choose the nuts that require the same amount of time when baking to avoid any burnt nuts which will off the flavor. Almonds and cashews require the same amount of time of 15 minutes to become golden. Walnuts and pecans require less time to be roasted so if you would like to use them maybe add them five minutes later.
Are nuts healthy?
Nuts are great for any healthy diet as they are packed with protein, good fats, Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, fiber, and Vitamin E. However, they are quite high in calories, so it’s important to limit portions.
Storing Tip – Keep the roasted nuts with honey in the refrigerator during warmer months, and on your counter during winter.
Freezing Tip – These will keep well in a freezer bag for up to three months. They are a perfect snack to make up ahead of time for your next gathering.
Check out HoneyBEEClever Crystal Honey Nuts special mix of roasted fine Turkish nuts with Sidr honey.
Please let us know if you try this recipe. Be sure to comment on the blog so I can see what you think. You can also like our Facebook Page, follow us on Instagram for more charm, and catch our news on Twitter.⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀